The Company’s policy on quality applies to all Desco offices in the UK.
The company is a mechanical and electrical engineering consultancy providing design for a range of building services systems in the UK.
The policy of the Company is that our services to the client are performed in a manner that satisfied client’s and relevant interested parties needs and expectations, compliance obligations with regard to quality, health and safety, environment, reliability and performance criteria.
This Policy has been formalised in the Company’s Quality Management System. The Quality Management System addresses the model specified in ISO 9001: 2015 – Quality Management System Requirements. The scope of the Quality Management System is:
• Mechanical and electrical design and project management
• Pool water services
• Building physics
• Construction supervision
The Quality Management System has the active commitment of the Board and Senior Management Team, who identifies business improvements and ensures the Quality Management System is continually improved. The ultimate responsibility for the Quality Management System is with the Desco Board, led by the Operations Director who provide the necessary financial and physical resources.
The Quality Management System is communicated and understood at all levels of the Company through formal training and on-the-job support, to achieve our quality standards. All Company personnel are responsible for the quality of their own work and that of personnel reporting to them and must observe and comply with the Quality Management System.
The objectives of this policy are as follows:
• Operate a quality management system to meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2015. It’s effectiveness will be measured by a maximum of 4 NCNs identified in the respective financial year.
• Use quality plans as the basis of design measurement for each project.
• 100% of our projects will have a quality plan as verified through our internal audit processes.
• All our procedures and systems are presented in a standardised format to ensure that they provide clear instructions to our team. This is measured by our internal audit process.
• 100% of our technical designs and documentation undergo a quality check and review to ensure they meet our customers’ specifications.
• Within 2 months of starting their employment with us, all our staff undergo an introduction into the quality management system to build their understanding of it and their role within it.
• Annually our Directors will review the effectiveness of our quality management system and record any agreed actions to improve it.
• We strive to achieve customer satisfaction as measured by the feedback from our end of job satisfaction questionnaires.
• Annually we seek to implement 4 quality improvement projects to improve the efficiency and quality of our work with our customers
Kevin Hall, Operations Director
13 March 2018