Currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Leeds Team
Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Description Overview
Reporting to the Technical Director you will be required to manage/lead and undertake the electrical building services design and contract supervision elements of complex and in some cases highly technical projects across a wide and diverse construction sector range. Appointments include commissions on residential, commercial, retail, sports/leisure, hotels, industrial, mission critical, storage/archive and healthcare projects for our valued new and existing end user clients, developers and contractors alike.
You will be expected to manage your workload efficiently, producing designs, specifications and reports on time and to the required quality expected of an experienced ‘senior’ level building services consulting engineer. Will have a good appreciation and understanding of the other building services disciplines and be capable of representing Desco – front facing with other professional design team members i.e. architects, structural engineers, project managers, quantity surveyors etc.
The candidate ideally will have 5- 10 years ‘permanent’ main -stream UK design consultancy experience and have attained recognised engineering and management qualifications. Would like to see membership of CIBSE, and IET Institutions as well as be ‘Engineering Council’ registered. The successful candidate will join and become an integral member of a highly motivated and expanding multi-disciplined MEP team located in the Leeds office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing conceptual & detailed design solutions in line with Client’s brief.
- Carrying out the detailed electrical services design and calculations using Amtech, HevaComp, IES, Relux Dialux and/or similar design software tools.
- Management of projects to achieve client satisfaction and profitability for the business.
- Identify and manage allocated resources to achieve project requirements.
- Commercially aware including financial management and reporting responsibility on project costs.
- Technical and quality reviews of project production information to maintain high standards.
- Production/writing of electrical specifications, schedules, reports and technical papers.
- Professionally represent the business at a wide range of meetings from client, design team and site.
- Assist in the preparation of fee submissions and project bids,
- Good communicator with a professional approach to all work and ability to interface and build relationships with clients to secure repeat business.
- Design, supervision and technical reviewing of allocated projects,
- Provide specialist technical advice and guidance at project and group level.
- Conduct/undertake feasibility studies, condition reports, dilapidation and pre-acquisition inspection surveys and reports.
- Be prepared to travel and support other Desco design offices as and when reasonably required by workload.
- Able to demonstrate AutoCad, Revit MEP and BIM360 knowledge, experience and capability.
- Educated to at least HNC/Degree level in a relevant subject such as Building Services, or Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
- Working toward Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Electrical services design – concept, performance and detailed.
- Highly experienced in the production of detailed electrical design solutions for services such as 400V/230V power supply and distribution systems, generators, UPS, earthing, primary and emergency lighting, fire alarms, security, access control, renewables, LZC technologies, lightning protection.
- Experienced in undertaking project management duties on M&E Design Projects.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the latest UK Building Regulations. Design Standards and Guides.
- 5-10 year’s experience of a recognised mainstream UK engineering consultancy organisation
- Amtech, Hevacomp/IES or similar
- Strong communication skills; Verbal & Written
- AutoCAD, Revit, IES, Microsoft etc
Please send a copy of your CV and covering email/letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org