The successful candidate will be required to manage / lead the electrical building services elements of complex or highly technical projects
The successful candidate will be required to manage / lead the electrical building services elements of complex or highly technical projects. Working within a team you will be tasked with undertaking a range of duties requiring skills that will include:
- Management of projects to achieve client satisfaction and profitability for the business,
- Identify and manage resources to achieve project requirements,
- Financial management and reporting on project profitability,
- Technical and quality reviews of project information,
- Developing conceptual& detailed designs solutions in line with client’s brief,
- Production of electrical specifications,
- Represent the business at a wide range of meetings,
- Assist in the preparation of fee submissions and project bids,
- Good communicator with a professional approach to all work and ability to interface and build relationships with clients to secure repeat business,
- Reviewing technical competency of electrical work,
- Design, supervision and technical reviewing of allocated projects,
- Provide specialist technical advice and guidance at project and group level,
To be considered you will need to be technically competent at equivalent to Chartered Engineer level and be highly experienced in the production of detailed electrical design solutions for services such as 400V/230V power supply and distribution systems, generators, UPS, earthing, primary and emergency lighting, fire alarms, security, access control, lightning protection, etc. You will also possess strong communication skills, be experienced in undertaking project management duties on M&E Design Projects and ideally educated to at least HNC / Degree level in a relevant subject such as Building Services or Electrical Engineering.
In return you will receive the opportunity to work within an award winning forward thinking organisation that is committed to helping you achieve your career goals providing you with a platform to develop towards Principal level and beyond. A highly competitive salary is on offer as well as a benefits package that includes: Life assurance, 23 to 28 days holiday, pension scheme and performance bonus.
Desco (design and consultancy) Ltd are looking to employ the services of a Professional Senior Electrical Design Engineer in their Southern Region Office based in Croydon, Surrey, who is competent in every aspect of the design process with at least 10 years’ experience working on UK based projects.
• HEVACOMP competent (Connect Electrical Services)
• DIALux competent