Recruiting for a Mechanical Technical Lead to join our Manila office
Mechanical Technical Lead
Job Description Overview
We are seeking a fully experienced Mechanical Technical Lead (Building Services) to be based in our Manila office with the ability to inspire others. You will have a minimum of 10 years industry experience with the ability to run medium sized projects and undertake a lead role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills with our highly skilled project teams based in the UK, and experience managing multiple projects at one time, will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging good inter-office working practices.
In addition to having a robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design in the UK, you will possess the ability to identify and manage resources to achieve project requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, supervision and reviewing of technical competency of Mechanical and Public Health design work
- Producing detailed Mechanical and Public Health building services design calculations using a wide range of techniques, including manual hand calculations, Excel spreadsheets and use of industry standard software such as IES and Hevacomp
- Identify and manage resources to achieve project requirements
- Technical and quality reviews of project information
- Technical support to the BIM Manager in the production of all working technical drawings, preparation of clash detection files, Revit MEP models/CAD drawings from Stage 3 through to Stage 5 construction
- Responsible for assigned Design Engineers
- Work within Desco QA systems
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer, or working towards, educated to degree level in building services engineering or equivalent and hold membership of relevant professional institutions.
Experience will include the delivery of commercial, residential, educational, industrial and hotel sector projects. Data centre design experience would be advantageous. Experience will also include the co-ordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in the design, supervision and reviewing of technical competency of Mechanical and Public Health design work. You will experience in managing multiple projects at one time, with a sound understanding of UK regulations.
- IES VE (Apache, Compliance, Radiance)
- HEVACOMP (DDB, Mechanical Designer)
- Proficiency in using Revit MEP and AutoCAD
Please send a copy of your CV and covering email/letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org