Currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Sunderland Office
Job Description Overview
You will join an established team of Mechanical building services engineers under the supervision of a Senior Mechanical Engineer. You will be expected to work on the mechanical building services elements of complex or highly technical projects and assist with delivery of projects within the build sectors. Appointments include commissions on residential, commercial, retail, sports/leisure, hotels, industrial, mission critical storage/archive and healthcare projects for our valued new and existing end user clients, developers and contractors alike.
The candidate ideally will have 3-5 years ‘permanent’ main -stream UK design consultancy experience and have attained recognised engineering and management qualifications. Would like to see membership of CIBSE Institutions. The successful candidate will join and become an integral member of a highly motivated and expanding multi-disciplined MEP team located in Sunderland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing conceptual & detailed design solutions in line with Client’s brief.
- Carrying out the detailed mechanical services design and calculations using HevaComp, IES, and/or similar design software tools.
- Assist in the production/writing of mechanical specifications, schedules, reports and technical papers.
- Good communicator with a professional approach to all work and ability to interface and build relationships with clients to secure repeat business.
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Conduct initial and concept mechanical designs, detailed designs
- Provide technical support and advice and work directly with clients to deliver various projects
- Provide statements/reports
- Represent the business at meetings as required
- General Design Office duties
- Be prepared to travel and support other Desco design offices as and when reasonably required by workload.
- Able to demonstrate AutoCad, Revit MEP knowledge, experience and capability.
- Educated to at least HNC/Degree level in a relevant subject such as Building Services, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Working toward Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Mechanical services design – concept, performance and detailed
- Highly experienced in the production of detailed mechanical design solutions for services such as heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, cooling, domestic hot and cold water services
- HVAC systems such as VRV, VAV, 4-Pipe Fan Coil, Versatemp, close control, active and passive chilled beam and chilled ceilings, displacement, natural and mixed mode ventilation.
- BMS and Controls
- Sustainable, renewable, LZC technologies
- Experienced in undertaking project management duties on M&E Design projects.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the latest K Building Regulations, Design Standards and Guides.
- 3.5 year’s experience of a recognised mainstream UK engineering consultancy organisation
- Hevacomp/IES or similar
- Strong communication skills; Verbal & Written
- Revit/BIM, IES, Microsoft etc.
Please send a copy of your CV and covering email/letter to; email@example.com