Currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join our Leeds Team
Job Description Overview
You will join an established team of electrical building services engineers under the supervision of a Senior Electrical Engineer. You will be expected to work on the electrical building services elements of complex and in some cases highly technical projects and assist with delivery of projects across a wide and diverse construction sector range. Appointments include commissions on residential, commercial, retail, sports/leisure, hotels, industrial, mission critical, storage/archive and healthcare projects for our valued new and existing end user clients, developers and contractors alike.
The candidate ideally will have 3-5 years ‘permanent’ main -stream UK design consultancy experience and have attained recognised engineering and management qualifications. Would like to see membership of CIBSE Institutions and IET Institutions as well as be ‘Engineering Council’ registered.. The successful candidate will join and become an integral member of a highly motivated and expanding multi-disciplined MEP team located in the Leeds office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing conceptual & detailed design solutions in line with Client’s brief.
- Carrying out the detailed electrical services design and calculations using Amtech, HevaComp, IES, Relux Dialux and/or similar design software tools.
- Assist in the production /writing of electrical specifications, schedules, reports and technical papers.
- Good communicator with a professional approach to all work and ability to interface and build relationships with clients to secure repeat business.
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Conduct initial and concept electrical designs and detailed designs
- Provide technical support and advice and work directly with clients to deliver various projects
- Provide statements/reports
- Represent the business at meetings as required
- General Design Office duties
- Be prepared to travel and support other Desco design offices as and when reasonably required by workload.
- Able to demonstrate AutoCad, Revit MEP and BIM360 knowledge, experience and capability.
- Educated to at least HNC/Degree level in a relevant subject such as Building Services, or Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
- Working toward Chartered Engineer or equivalent
- Electrical services design – concept, performance and detailed.
- Highly experienced in the production of detailed electrical design solutions for services such as 400V/230V power supply and distribution systems, generators, UPS, earthing, primary and emergency lighting, fire alarms, security, access control, renewables, LZC technologies, lightning protection.
- Experienced in undertaking project management duties on M&E Design Projects.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the latest UK Building Regulations. Design Standards and Guides.
- 3-5 year’s experience of a recognised mainstream UK engineering consultancy organisation
- Amtech, Hevacomp/IES or similar
- Strong communication skills; Verbal & Written
- AutoCAD, Revit, IES, Microsoft etc
Please send a copy of your CV and covering email/letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org