Recruiting for a Digital Manager to join our Sunderland Office
Sunderland Office / Hybrid
Job Description Overview
Reporting to the Board Directors, the candidate will be required to manage/lead the Revit and CAD workload throughout the business. This exciting role will involve working on a range of MEP building projects as well as assisting the development of our business as part of our digital transformation programme.
You will be expected to manage your workload efficiently, host inter-office / country workload forecasting meetings and report / inform the board directors on the utilisation of the Revit and CAD teams across the business.
The candidate ideally will have 5-10 years ‘permanent’ main -stream UK MEP design consultancy experience and have attained recognised engineering and management qualifications. The successful candidate will join and become an integral member of a highly motivated and expanding multi-disciplined MEP team located in Sunderland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage BIM & CAD teams and demonstrate high level working knowledge of Autodesk Revit MEP AutoCAD, Navisworks Manage, BIM360 (all variants) from minor to major design projects.
- Demonstrate knowledge of MEP/Building Services design and experience of BIM coordination and collaboration across engineering and BIM departments.
- Communicate the aspirations and principles of BIM across departments.
- Manage BIM services to both internal and external customers to ensure standards are maintained.
- Work with the BIM Manager to continuously improve the processes and improve efficiency across the business in line with the Desco digital transformation roadmap.
- Communicate with the Desco UK and Philippines teams.
- Manage & appoint the deliverables of 3rd party outsourcing businesses.
- Oversee the day-to day activities of BIM modelling (both internal and external requirements).
- Development and delivery of core documentation e.g., EIR’s, BEP’s, RACI, TIDP etc.
- Resolution of BIM related issues across various stakeholder networks.
- Day-to-day trouble shooting and team coordination.
- Represent the business at a wide range of meetings.
- Ideally educated to at least Degree level in a relevant subject such as Building Information Modelling (BIM) ,Building Services or Electrical / Mechanical Engineering but not essential.
- MEP sector experience.
- 5 years + experience in BIM and modelling activities (3D, 4D, 5D).
- A proven track record in successfully leading high performing teams of up to 20+ BIM technicians.
- High level of competency of BIM software through continued use and training.
- Management of clash detection processes, reporting and resolution. Strong use of Autodesk Revit and Collaborate Pro (BIM360) solutions across BIM and MEP engineering activities.
- Demonstrate organisational, project delivery, and planning skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Worked across / with multiple offices in the UK and ideally worked with international offices.
- Experience managing the deliverables of a 3rd Party outsourcing business.
- Thorough understanding of existing BIM software formats as well as possibilities and limitations (rvt, dwg, xml, ifc etc.).
- Handled information flows between different departments and technical solutions.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a larger team and able to plan strategically, make decisions, act on own initiative, and operate in a pro-active way to support the needs of the business.
- Ability to set up BIM projects, inclusive of all users.
- Ability to identify and manage resources to achieve project requirements
- Ability to develop and deliver against relevant BIM requirements and standards within MEP sector.
- Management of projects to achieve client satisfaction and profitability for the business
- Financial management and reporting on project profitability
- Good communicator with a professional approach to all work and ability to interface and build relationships with clients to secure repeat business
- Excellent time and cost management skills to plan and achieve delivery to the desired quality to exceed customer expectations.