Recruiting for a BIM Engineer to join our Sunderland Ofiice
Job Description Overview
Working as part of the Building Information Modelling (BIM) Team you will be required to produce fully co-ordinated computer models, incorporating detailed mechanical and electrical services design data with architectural and structural information. Projects cover a range of sectors including: residential, commercial, retail, sports/leisure, hotels, industrial, healthcare and education.
You will be expected to manage your workload efficiently, producing MEP BIM models on time and to the required quality expected of an experienced BIM Engineer. You will have a good appreciation and understanding of the other building disciplines and be able to work as part of a team.
The candidate ideally will have 3 years+ experience working in BIM in the MEP industry and have attained recognised engineering and academic qualifications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating, editing and developing MEP design models using REVIT MEP, BIM software.
- Provide outputs for appending into clash detection, model validation and stakeholder liaison workshops.
- Saving, sharing and updating product data on a Common Data Environment.
- Strong 3D modelling, data analysis and manipulation skills.
- Extracting 2D outputs.
- Work to and maintain the company BIM standards.
- Prepare detailed MEP drawings as required by the MEP design teams, working to the Project Programme and Quality Plan.
- Work with and support other Desco design offices in the production of MEP BIM Models.
- Liaise with the BIM Manager to ensure continuity of workload and ability to achieve programme.
- Manage own time in order to deliver workload efficiently and meet the programme.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and works well in a team.
- Ideally HNC or higher qualified in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Working towards membership of a professional institute.
- MEP BIM modelling using REVIT MEP.
- Mechanical and/or electrical design and drawing (2D & 3D) experience
- Worked in a consulting engineering or contracting environment.
- Experienced in REVIT MEP.
- Experienced with BIM360
- Experienced in Navisworks.
- Experienced in BIM Level 2 process and procedures.