Recruiting for a Bid Co-ordinator to join our Sunderland Office
Business Development Manager
Job Description Overview
This key role would suit someone with experience of working on bid submissions for Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and Invitation to Tenders preferably within the construction industry. The role requires someone with the ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple deadlines, be confident working with senior management and have a process-driven approach to multi-tasking.
Desco’s Bid and Marketing Department is a demanding environment, with an emphasis on working to deadlines. The Marketing Team has many varied responsibilities, and an excellent work ethic and team mentality is essential. The ability to work effectively as part of the wider team will also be necessary. The candidate must be self-motivated with the ability to work on their own initiative.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Working within a team you will be tasked with undertaking a range of duties requiring skills that will include:
- Monitoring potential opportunities that come into the business and distributing these opportunities to the Directors and marketing team for strategic review.
- Producing bid responses to Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and Invitation to Tenders, ensuring that submissions are of a high and consistent standard.
- To work with the Bid/Marketing team to bring new ideas and proposals to the Directors from time to time, to keep the bid material fresh, compelling and to take account of advances in technology and new communication techniques.
- Ensuring material is grammatically correct, well-researched and without spelling mistakes.
- Create / maintain stocks of standard responses for PQQ & tender submissions.
- Provide assistance and support with general marketing and bid function to the Business Development Manager.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of marketing material including company profiles, advertising, sponsorship, press releases, social media and company website.
- Assist in organising corporate hospitality events and PR.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant shall be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, a meticulous eye for detail, graphic ability, and first class writing and literacy skills – in particular, proof reading. Will have previous experience of working on Pre-Qualification Questionnaire’s and Tenders preferably within the Construction Sector, preferably 2+ years experience.
Good administration skills and technical proficiency of MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and knowledge of Adobe InDesign. An understanding of marketing and communications is also desirable. It will be necessary to prioritise workload and identify objectives.
Please send a copy of your CV and covering email/letter; to email@example.com